Archuleta County Colorado
Bidding Rules for Annual Public Auction of Delinquent Real Estate Taxes
2019 Tax Lien Sale (For Tax Year 2018 and priors)
• The web site will open for research and deposits beginning 10/01/2019. Formal Bidding and modification of bids begins 10/01/2019 and can be done up till the closing hour of each batch on the last day of the tax lien sale (11/07/2019). More detailed instructions can be found on the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page of this web site and the SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION below.
• A 10% deposit of your total intended winnings will be required via ACH transfer, wire transfer or counter payment. Deposits must be completed by 11/07/2019 at 2:00 PM MT.
• Each Buyer will be required to register online to participate. Buyers are responsible to assure that their information is correct as IRS W-9 forms, tax lien certificates, refunds and redemptions are prepared from this information.
• The sequence of the published list in the local newspaper will be followed as closely as possible, except that liens on prior years are listed last on the sale site, and are grouped with current year taxes, if applicable.
• Employees and officials of Archuleta County, members of their immediate families or their agents may not acquire a tax lien at the Archuleta County Tax Lien Sale per SS39-11-151 C.R.S.
• Premiums are never returned and draw no interest.
• The minimum starting bid for each tax lien certificate is equal to the amount of the unpaid taxes, interest, penalties and fees.
• Bid increments shall be one dollar ($1.00).
• Premiums on winning bids are a cost of securing the tax lien and are not returned nor do they draw interest.
• It is the Buyers’ responsibility to know the quality of the property on which they are paying the taxes and receiving a lien.
• At the close of the auction, all successful bids are final. No changes in, or cancellation of, liens purchased can be made after the lien is sold.
• Premiums do not draw interest.
• When redeemed, your certificate will pay nine points over the Federal Reserve Discount Rate as of September 1st. Certificates will earn 12% for the current year’s sale, except for erroneous sales which will receive two points above the Discount Rate but no lower than 8%.
• You do not have ownership rights to the property, simply a property tax lien.
• If the owner does not pay future taxes before July 1st each year, you will be notified of the amount due and you may pay them if you wish. Your payment will be endorsed onto your lien and will accrue interest at the same rate as your certificate.
• The majority of properties are redeemed.
• A Treasurer’s Deed may be applied for three years after the date of the sale if the tax lien remains unredeemed. A deposit is required to cover expenses.
• Tax liens expire and are cancelled after 15 years.
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Proxy Bid Auction|
|0 value bids use proxy system||No|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||---||---|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||10/01/2019 at 8:00 AM MT|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets begin||10/01/2019 at 8:00 AM MT|
|Bidding begins||10/01/2019 at 8:00 AM MT|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets end||11/07/2019 at 2:00 PM MT|
|Participation Requirements Due Date||11/07/2019 at 2:00 PM MT|
|Registrations end||11/07/2019 at 4:00 PM MT|
|First batch closes||11/07/2019 at 9:00 AM MT|
|Batch closing interval||60 Minutes|
|Last batch closes||11/07/2019 at 2:00 PM MT|
|Auxiliary batch opens||11/07/2019 at 2:30 PM MT|
|Auxiliary batch closes||11/07/2019 at 5:00 PM MT|
|Payment due date||11/08/2019 at 5:00 PM MT|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||10%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$0.00|
|Registration Fee Refundable||Yes|
|Registration Fee Applied to Winnings||Yes|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemptions available via ACH?||No|
|Public computers available||Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.